Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Wild Irish Roses- Encaustic Beeswax Painting Collage
this is the close up to see details-orig size below
If you click on either of these image it will bring you to a closer view to see the details of the painting which I think is worth it as I just tried it out....
Ok Here it is as promised. I know there are a few more details I am missing on this but I bare my soul by putting this up as its the first encaustic I have done in probably 6 years. I actually had the idea exactly what I wanted to do but how to go about it was the challenge. I wanted to use my own photos to make a collage and I did. This is a pieced piece using a photo that was printed out originally on watercolor paper, painted with watercolors and then scanned in and printed out again on fabric and then adhered to the layered wax and then painted over again with wax. I think if I could sum up my goal in life it is to take photographs to their highest remodeling. I really do not like to copy anyone and am always striving to create something completely unique. So there you have it, nothing green but something Irish only in that these are actually not Irish roses but rather English ones but don't tell any of my Irish relatives as it might set off a argument of some type. Of course I am kidding.
I will make corned beef today but no photos I promise, and cabbage and potatoes. I only cook it once a year for fun and eat very little as its so rich. I already have another project started, something completely different from this. By the way this is 14"X11" and has many layers of beeswax. I will be posting this tomorrow on Etsy so you all get first peek at it. Have a wonderful day today. I have green eyes so always got away with not wearing green but might do so today.
It is shaping up to about 70 degrees here and I will be back with more vintaage photos tomorrow. Top o the morning to ya and the rest o the day t meself!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- The Clancy FAmily cottage in Ireland
- The FArmhouse in Michigan Where I grew up for 11 y...
- Mabel moves to Rural America & my Life growing up ...
- Spring Blossom Trees~A walk Down Memory Lane Stanf...
- A Blue Spooky Home 1917
- Puppy Dog Kim Helps Peggy Freeman w Paper Drive/My...
- bright red ranuncula
- Horseshow Entrance to Ranch Bakersfield CA @1900
- Red Ranuncula Photo collage with Vintage Lace
- Wild Irish Roses- Encaustic Beeswax Painting Colla...
- Ava and Miranda Cabo Pulmo
- Flapper Gal Goes Cowgirl w Pistol holds up Farmer ...
- Cirque-Encaustic Beeswax Painting
- Cowgirl Autochrome & Living in the Sedona desert
- tulips for spring
- happy Birthday dear SARA!!!
- Look Out from Atop the Hill
- Birds Bees & Trees-Welcome to Spring!
- The Bumble Bee in Art and Photo History
- Cyano Tango Current about to expire treasury
- Spring BLossoms in my Neighborhood
- Girl Reading Book Lying Down 1906- Poem day!
- the photographer reloads his Film & send me your P...
- ▼ March (23)