Friday, March 6, 2009
Dogs and Hens in a Garden by Ande Cook
Just as yesterday was devoted to bees, today I am posting a beautiful image by a wonderful artist from Etsy. I was motivated by my birds singing outside and went on a journey off all things with bird in the title and was thrilled to find an artist I had favorited many moons ago.
Her art is colorful and inspiring and filled with life. This is one of my favorite images on her site but I encourage you to visit and see for yourself (click the title to go to her store!)all her wonderful bright paintings.
I am inspired to keep at my project I started last night which is an encaustic painting. Yes..I actually put wax down on the artboard and the thrill of the smell and applying it cannot be described! I am going to work a little each evening on it after all my other chores are done.
I hope this day is filled with birdsong for everyone.. every morning my birds sing before dawn and that really is inspiring as they are ready to greet the day, even before the day has begun.
I remember the mockingbirds at my home in California, they were my favorite as I believe they could not make up their mind which tune they liked best because they sang so many different ones to prove it. They weren't the prettiest feather on the block but made up for it in the variety of their song. Go out today and sing whatever song you like but for heaven's sake.... sing.. greet the day, the sun, life.. and be thrilled to wake to another day of it. For we never know how long this journey will be do we?
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- The Clancy FAmily cottage in Ireland
- The FArmhouse in Michigan Where I grew up for 11 y...
- Mabel moves to Rural America & my Life growing up ...
- Spring Blossom Trees~A walk Down Memory Lane Stanf...
- A Blue Spooky Home 1917
- Puppy Dog Kim Helps Peggy Freeman w Paper Drive/My...
- bright red ranuncula
- Horseshow Entrance to Ranch Bakersfield CA @1900
- Red Ranuncula Photo collage with Vintage Lace
- Wild Irish Roses- Encaustic Beeswax Painting Colla...
- Ava and Miranda Cabo Pulmo
- Flapper Gal Goes Cowgirl w Pistol holds up Farmer ...
- Cirque-Encaustic Beeswax Painting
- Cowgirl Autochrome & Living in the Sedona desert
- tulips for spring
- happy Birthday dear SARA!!!
- Look Out from Atop the Hill
- Birds Bees & Trees-Welcome to Spring!
- The Bumble Bee in Art and Photo History
- Cyano Tango Current about to expire treasury
- Spring BLossoms in my Neighborhood
- Girl Reading Book Lying Down 1906- Poem day!
- the photographer reloads his Film & send me your P...
- ▼ March (23)