Sunday, March 29, 2009
The FArmhouse in Michigan Where I grew up for 11 years~it now looks neglected
My Aunt PAtty still lives in Detroit near Ferndale and she was inspired by my story of how idyllic life was growing up on the farm she went to find it with no directions and did indeed find it. My mother says that the people who bought it from us were a couple that the man lost his arm in an accident so he couldn't do alot of chores. He did have 2 sons however and they let the place fall apart. This is not the same as the home with a wonderful bright red barn and white washed home. It actually looks spooky now, but it is winter and as we all know winter can look pretty bad on anyone or most old buildings. None of the trees were pruned and the chicken coop replaced by a garage with a bright turquiose door. The area around the farm is the same. My mom also said that the 5 acres of raspberries belonged to us so I told that part of my story below incorrectly. There is a cat on the porch and other than that nothing looks alive but again it appears to be winter in Michigan and they did have a snow yesterday! So this doesn't destroy my memory at all because I know how beautiful my father and mother kept this place, animals and children, fruits and vegetables. Lots of visitors. Lots of wonderful memories!
Thanks Aunt Patty!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- The Clancy FAmily cottage in Ireland
- The FArmhouse in Michigan Where I grew up for 11 y...
- Mabel moves to Rural America & my Life growing up ...
- Spring Blossom Trees~A walk Down Memory Lane Stanf...
- A Blue Spooky Home 1917
- Puppy Dog Kim Helps Peggy Freeman w Paper Drive/My...
- bright red ranuncula
- Horseshow Entrance to Ranch Bakersfield CA @1900
- Red Ranuncula Photo collage with Vintage Lace
- Wild Irish Roses- Encaustic Beeswax Painting Colla...
- Ava and Miranda Cabo Pulmo
- Flapper Gal Goes Cowgirl w Pistol holds up Farmer ...
- Cirque-Encaustic Beeswax Painting
- Cowgirl Autochrome & Living in the Sedona desert
- tulips for spring
- happy Birthday dear SARA!!!
- Look Out from Atop the Hill
- Birds Bees & Trees-Welcome to Spring!
- The Bumble Bee in Art and Photo History
- Cyano Tango Current about to expire treasury
- Spring BLossoms in my Neighborhood
- Girl Reading Book Lying Down 1906- Poem day!
- the photographer reloads his Film & send me your P...
- ▼ March (23)