Saturday, March 21, 2009
Horseshow Entrance to Ranch Bakersfield CA @1900
Its Saturday and it looks like I have been pretty busy to not have anything written for so many days. that is a good thing! That means I am spending less time on the computer and more time outdoors watching the birds and bees and all the blossoms on the trees.
I also have been doing things with Rita, shopping for things we need here and in Flagstaff and today even went out for Thai food at my fave spot in Sedona, Thai place in Village of Oak Creek, if you like Thai and are in this area that restaurant is not to be missed.
SO here I go again gravitating back to the Western theme, I told you I cannot get away from it, it calls to me, haunts me.. I know I was a cowgirl in a past life.
This is from the Bakersfield area and I wish I knew where, could find nothing online after searching quite a bit but then I don't think it would still be there, but you never know.
I love the creative and folk art look to this image and just know it should be reprinted and toned or something as the detail is so nice you can see all the way down the long Calif driveway to the dog who is going to say good by to the rancher as he leaves the ranch.
I think because I grew up on Rawhide and other western films that it has always held a fascination for me and here I am , in the west.. the big puffy clouds and the dry dusty roads.
Today was a perfect spring day, I did some light flower planting and the birds sang to keep me company. I washed and dried outside, all my wonderful rag crocheted rugs my mom made me, she will never know how much I love those and care for them, they do not last forever though and one is falling apart but I keep mending it.
So here comes spring and she is lovely to witness. I hope the rest of the weekend is just this nice for everyone as it is here, 70 degrees and balmy.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- The Clancy FAmily cottage in Ireland
- The FArmhouse in Michigan Where I grew up for 11 y...
- Mabel moves to Rural America & my Life growing up ...
- Spring Blossom Trees~A walk Down Memory Lane Stanf...
- A Blue Spooky Home 1917
- Puppy Dog Kim Helps Peggy Freeman w Paper Drive/My...
- bright red ranuncula
- Horseshow Entrance to Ranch Bakersfield CA @1900
- Red Ranuncula Photo collage with Vintage Lace
- Wild Irish Roses- Encaustic Beeswax Painting Colla...
- Ava and Miranda Cabo Pulmo
- Flapper Gal Goes Cowgirl w Pistol holds up Farmer ...
- Cirque-Encaustic Beeswax Painting
- Cowgirl Autochrome & Living in the Sedona desert
- tulips for spring
- happy Birthday dear SARA!!!
- Look Out from Atop the Hill
- Birds Bees & Trees-Welcome to Spring!
- The Bumble Bee in Art and Photo History
- Cyano Tango Current about to expire treasury
- Spring BLossoms in my Neighborhood
- Girl Reading Book Lying Down 1906- Poem day!
- the photographer reloads his Film & send me your P...
- ▼ March (23)