Saturday, February 28, 2009
Here is Rita's treasury from last night. I am more interested in the poem than the treasury. It always amazes me that young people can come up with such amazing things. I want to encourage poetry with children because it is clearly a way to express themselves that sometimes they don't even know what is inside them.
I taught a poetry workshop in the school for 5 years. Quite simple ideas in fact. Each week was different. We did an illustration based on an idea and wrote a poem to go with it. After 7 weeks the children had 7 illustrated poems and we made cloth covered cardboard, punched holes in them and bound them with bias tape.
This was such a successful workshop they adopted it into many versions and teach it in the schools to this day. I was always amazed at what these small children reflected on and spoke to in the poetry. Poetry isn't just something that is old fashioned.. it never goes out of style.
Write a small poem today and send it to me and I will publish it next Monday. Lets see what we can come up with. Let me know if you want your name attached or not.. its up to you. I will find a nice illustration or photo to go with it..
Have a wonderful Saturday!!!-
Click the image of treasury to see it larger so you can read the poem.. and please...
click the title to go to Rita's treasury and leave a comment... click the images too... she would love it if you did.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)