Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
This is a version of my seated boy painted tintype. I so long to go back to painting over these tins but so many things seem to keep popping up in the way. It is so often the case in art and life.. that balance of what to do with your time. I know other artists struggle with this and I am not the least of them. I often go to bed trying to imagine a life where sleep isn't madatory for refreshing one's self.. It think it would be grand to be able to have all those extra hours in the evening to do what you want, but alas.. we are not those creatures and for me I am asleep by midnight on a late night and 11 on a regular one. I am so happy to be able to share all the different pieces that I have done in the past..right here on my blog.. I get to decide which to show and what to say.. it is like having your own newspaper to write and edit. I have a degree in Journalism and Art and this blog thing seems to fit just perfect... if only but only there were more time in the day to write more.. but gee, that old mr clock keeps on ticking(I hate ticking clocks don't you?) and the show must go on, the getting dressed and showering and cooking and cleaning and washing clothes and walking the dog and driving and on and on.. I am not complaining about any of these chores, no...rather I am lamenting the time spent on them. And so again I come to the thought that oh if there were more time. I bet there is a poem about that. So, for now I will just enjoy every minute I have on this mother earth, the good, the bad and the inbetween. And hope that all of you will as well. How much better can it be when you awake to a warm sunshine on a February day. I am not sure but right now there are no complaints about our Arizona weather. I will enjoy that leisurely walk today and soak up every minute of it!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)