Thursday, February 5, 2009
Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my first photo teacher
Ok so this isn't my average photo posting.. I never said I was predictable. I also really love a photographer named Diane Arbus and remembering back to my first day of college photography class my teacher who's name is John Baugess from Oregon didn't even say hello to the students. the room was dark when we went in and sat at our desks. There was a quiet whispering amongst the students and when they stopped the slide projector came on and we were treated to a show of Diane Arbus' photos getting about 3 minutes on each one.. I and the other students were fascinated by her incredible ability to get these unusual people to pose for the most unbelievable photos on the planet. Photos of people who really existed but were for the most part hidden away from the public eye for many reasons. She photographed misfits of society, tatooed women, midgets, freaks from the circus and also unusual couples from New York that lived in hotel rooms. Her images are still able to move me to this day. Google her name and see her photos. Whenever I come across an image that reminds me of her I cannot help but remember that first eye opening day of photography class and her startling and thought provoking images.. I still wish I had the courage to do what she has done. Classic portraiture with unusal but very real human beings.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)