Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
This is a piece that belongs to a series I did with oil pastels. As soon as I discovered French pastels a few years ago I had a hard time trying to figure out how to make them work to my advantage. I spent many an hour rubbing the pastels and breathing on them to warm them up a little so that I could smear them around. They are very rich and very thick and very irridescent. This is a larger piece for me 12"X18" and falls into a series of people who have unusual lives. Cowgirl couldn't do much but shows in the late 1800s early 1900s. If she wanted to make money she should also be a sharp shooter. I was and still am impressed with those folks that traveled around to make a living such as circus people. They tend to have very short lived relationships and a fear of settling down.. I have read the story of many a circus folk and I never tire of the interesting places and people they met along the way.
Its funny how I did this in California and here I am in Arizona, living next door to a man that dresses in full cowboy regalia and drives tourists around in a jeep all day. Honestly I have never seen him in regular clothes so for me he is a cowboy whether he is or not.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)