Saturday, February 7, 2009
Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
This photo is from an album that I purchased about 5 years ago on ebay. I thought I was going to do what I do with all the albums and that is take it apart, do some research and sell the photos one by one. The book is more than photos. Although it cost me nearly $500 for the photo album, sadly there were 3 others which at the time I didn't feel I could afford. I think I probably got the best one of the 4 but that is wishful thinking. I fell in love with this family through an ongoing, detailed account of what this group of 5 children and their parents did day to day, the rats and their cage building. Paper routes, dogs, cats, short wave radios, knitting for the girls. the boys which there were 3 besides these two was little DAvid who was 4 in this album, and two older girls Beatrice and PEggy. The children were all raised in the Montessori schools in Pasadena and Fulton ended up working as an envoy to some country. I found out little else and always wondered how they managed to pry these wonderful albums from the hands of the family. There is at least a novel of written words that the mother put in and all penned in the fashion as if it is coming from the children.. I will never part with this and someday hope to make a book or movie from it.. I love all the photos and sadly I sold 2 before I realized I wish I hadn't.. so you will see images from time to time and I still have a few up in my etsy store. Enjoy your Saturday, its looking like rain here.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)