Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I have always loved writing on photos and artwork. That is probably why I love comics ,(I used to when I was little), and have a passion for folk art and hobo art and outsider art. There is something so immediate and final about writing on photos and art. You must listen to the writer when making your opinion about the image or art. You can connect in a real vs a surreal way to the author of the words. They might be kidding but they still wrote it and felt it at the time. This photo is one of those rare ones that has been written on by the person in the image. Julie.. she even signs her name as though she is authoring the image and I also love her pulling on the hound's ear as anyone who owns a dog that is part hound or full hound knows how velvety soft the ears are and how you cannot help but pull on them gently... as I do with Blue all the time!
Enjoy your day.. and if you ever come across anything like this let me know as I love old things or art with writing on them and would love to see them and maybe share them here on the blog.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)