Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
I told you the sky in Sedona was really blue.. now do you believe me?
I have walked past these little beauties that hang over a wall while walking Blue to the post office each day. They are the first true signs of spring, even if our weather is still cold, these blossoms refuse to believe it and protest by saying "look at me, look and see, spring is here!"
I see this and say, I wish I had my camera but then its sorta heavy to carry on my half mi round trip walk each day so yesterday after it rained I decided to carry it along and was rewarded for doing so. I only could spend a moment shooting as Blue was tugging the leash letting me know he wanted to keep moving. Honestly this is one of the few trees in this area that actually get any blossoms so how could I pass this up?
I was so overwhelmed with this idea of spring coming soon that when I came home, I abandoned all my regular work and responsibility,(including taxes)and made a small haiku poem and the a transfer and sewed a wall hanging to commemorate the day. I will put it up on etsy today to sell. It is a pretty little fabric art with beautiful fabric, this photo toned done alot and then a haiku or short saying about the photo. I also have it hanging from one of the branches of the tree in the image(pruning never hurt any tree), and it really has significance to the piece!
I have moved over my cloth folk dolls to the original store as I am going to consolidate and have only one store. I was worried folks might think me too"all over the map" and that is why I created the second store. But.. now I think it would be wiser not to have 2 so look for the photopaint to merge almost completely in the next few weeks.
I have been watching Planet Earth with Rita lately and the more I watch the more I love. Here are the links to our treasuries we built last night and I dedicated mine to the planet. Rita has dedicated hers to spring. Her treasury
and My treasury please stop by hers and if you like, mine, and leave us a comment to let us know what you think.
What else is on everyone's mind..oh yeah, the economy. I won't go that route today. I want to put in a plug for POE today also. They have one of the most incredible blogs and great writers who make wonderful choices... I really am impressed by some of or most of the photographers on etsy.. they are great and I believe deserve their own division at Etsy.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)