Thursday, February 26, 2009
Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota Farm
Here is Helen. She is dressed in a poodle fur trimmed hat and coat. she carries a little purse and has the nicest short two toned button up boots. She is ready to travel from her home in Illinois where she was born to go and live in South dakota on a farm. This is her farewell photo to her original home before she moves to the rural dakota area. She will trade in her finery for a pair of bib overalls and bare feet and have a dog and a doll and the whole world before her on the farm.
This is a true story of a little girl with last name of Mentz. Her mother braved the trip and with her sister moved to the middle of nowhere from Peoria.
What an adventure that must have been for a little girl in the early part of this century. What a tried and true trooper her mother must have been.
There is something really special in this little girl's eyes and I can't help but notice it.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)