Monday, February 9, 2009
A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
Hello and Bonjour!
Yes a rose in winter is still a rose. Nothing changes but the elements that surround her. She still passionately wants to keep her bloom and fight off the aging crystals that cling to her stem. The tenacity of this rose is really what strikes me first and then the incredible beauty of it whether in the bright sun or the frozen snow. This image was taken by my friend Jean Claude who probably has the best eye for photos that I have ever seen. Maybe overlooked by many who pass by, he manages to capture the beauty before the petals have fallen and the flower goes dormant.
Another Monday is here again and after weeks of almost 70 degrees each day, walking to the post office in a shirt and short pants, here comes the freezing rain and snow! Yes snow is covering the hillside below our little airport here in Sedona. The sky is grey and the temperature is very cold. Blue didn't move this morning until just moments ago sleeping in longer and longer each day. He is getting a little white around his chin and this April will turn 7 years old. I guess in dog years that is pretty old. He still has alot of spunk and will give a smile for no reason to me, truly man's best friend!
Oh yeah.. tonite is the full moon and a lunar eclipse. Wow! hope we can see it if the rain stops.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Roses by the Sea TReasury w Original Poem by Rita ...
- A Pretty Day by e.e. cummings-
- Little Helen a Fashionable Child on a South Dakota...
- The Gardener Girl Oil PAstel
- Albert Kahn Philanthropist for Photography
- little Helen and her DOll - a member of The Mentz ...
- HDR High Dynamic Range Photography and.........Ma...
- Wild West Cowgirl Oil Pastel
- Mother and her 3 Girls and Teddy Bear & Richard AV...
- Walking Past First Blossoms of Spring
- Hello its Tuesday...not Monday! or oh..my aching b...
- Winter has many gifts to give like this Sunset in ...
- Alice in her wonderful Dress 1864
- Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln!!
- This is not for display~Do my pants fit?
- Snow Day! in Sedona!!
- A Rose in Winter is Still a Rose
- Bobby and Fulton Freeman have Rats for Pets 1924
- Lipstick Woman a tribute to Diane Arbus and my fir...
- Little Seated BOy Painted Tintype
- Dreamy Monday
- ▼ February (21)