Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Here is Clara. She longs to be outside in her garden. The thoughts of gardening fill her head.
I have loved silhouettes even as a child. My grandmother had one on glass in her home and I often would stare at it and wonder how it was made. It was a bubble glass with the silhouette on it and beneath it on another level was this wonderful multi colored foil that was seen around the area that wasn't black. I think you know what I am talking about.
Then as I became more and more interested in vintage photography I would come across silhouettes now and again and have to have them. So I have a few in my collection.
They are very very popular once again and making them artistic and different are also popular.. Well.. I have been thinking about making a mixed media piece for awhile and today I just decided to stop thinking and "do it" as Nike would say. the rest is history...haha!
I spent the last 3 hours working on this image and then made a wall hanging also using it both are now listed on Etsy. The link is in the title.
Message for the day, stop thinking and start doing! There is no better time than the present.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Sarah Painted CDV Mixed Media-PAinted on The Watch...
- Cry Baby -Me
- BAck to our century plant in the desert
- Marchesa Casati by Man Ray
- Encaustic Crayon Art by Christian Faur
- Garden Girl Silhouette Wall ARt -Or how I stopped ...
- St. Mary Magdalene-Suffering after Crucifixion-Pai...
- First Communion Native American Girls New Mexico G...
- Cat lady~Surreal Surrender a tintype w a Twist!
- last night a Century plant blossomed
- Fairies Dance -a Tinted Vintage photo
- Ruth Benedict Poet Antropologist-One thing leads t...
- A Newsie Girl from Australia Glass Negative
- Hibiscus Painted Photo on Canvas-My Trip to Hilo-T...
- Pink Roses Painted Photo -For the people of ITaly
- French Window Shopping-Collage
- Queen of FLowers-Royal Queen-IS Anybody out there?...
- Lilacs in bloom taking the teacher some flowers fr...
- Our Simple Beginings-Where I was born
- Earl Bailey ~Lou HOyt~Ya Gotta have Heart!
- ▼ April (20)