Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Cry Baby -Me
I have always been known to have an upbeat disposition. I wake up each day and greet the new dawn.. yes dawn, with a hopeful feeling. I think it keeps me alive actually. There are plenty of things to worry and be concerned about, flu, war, economy, health, retirement on and on...But really its not all within our power to change all that overnight. So I prefer to be a bit optimistic while being realistic. Does that make sense?
I do know from what my mom has told me that as a small child I was very inquisitive and was turning knobs and exploring early on and walked at 9 mnths. I was to be the earliest of all the walkers in our family, lucky for mom. I do remember going to kindergarten and feeling a terrible sense of missing home and mom..that is until I discovered the fake store and the fake food and playhouse. Then with some encouragement from my kindergarten teacher I was fine. I did suck my thumb until first grade, something that the doctors tried over and over to cure and finally that was accomplished. I also had a lisp so my early years were not too traumatic but rather little obstacles that had to be overcome. I think the speech therapist was patient as I don't feel there was trauma around keeping the teeth together when I said my,"S's".
However this photo of me which only surfaced recently is one of the few if not only photos of me crying. That is because it was taken by my uncle. His two little girls Patsy and Peggy who were my age and one year older were sitting nicely beside me and I am sure he picked me up and plopped me down and quickly took the photo. I love it! Almost all photos we see are so posed and perfect and the children smiling and in their best attire. Here I was in my perfect dress and crying my eyes out because I was abruptly separated from mom. I am happy my cousin Ann decided to send this to me last week and so I share a little cry baby Marianne with you!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Sarah Painted CDV Mixed Media-PAinted on The Watch...
- Cry Baby -Me
- BAck to our century plant in the desert
- Marchesa Casati by Man Ray
- Encaustic Crayon Art by Christian Faur
- Garden Girl Silhouette Wall ARt -Or how I stopped ...
- St. Mary Magdalene-Suffering after Crucifixion-Pai...
- First Communion Native American Girls New Mexico G...
- Cat lady~Surreal Surrender a tintype w a Twist!
- last night a Century plant blossomed
- Fairies Dance -a Tinted Vintage photo
- Ruth Benedict Poet Antropologist-One thing leads t...
- A Newsie Girl from Australia Glass Negative
- Hibiscus Painted Photo on Canvas-My Trip to Hilo-T...
- Pink Roses Painted Photo -For the people of ITaly
- French Window Shopping-Collage
- Queen of FLowers-Royal Queen-IS Anybody out there?...
- Lilacs in bloom taking the teacher some flowers fr...
- Our Simple Beginings-Where I was born
- Earl Bailey ~Lou HOyt~Ya Gotta have Heart!
- ▼ April (20)