Saturday, April 18, 2009
First Communion Native American Girls New Mexico Glass Negative
These two girls are native Americans. They are wearing traditional silver pounded bracelets. I believe they were forced by some white folks to make their communion. this happened alot I have found that even in New Zealand people with all good intentions took "heathen" children from their parents and fostered them through religion. These girls don't look to thrilled but they are beautiful. I would rather have seen them in their native clothing. The parents would never have allowed this unless they had died or were talked into something as Indians that I have known are very proud and do not believe in the traditional religions. Not back then anyway. The image is still a gorgeous piece of history and I am thrilled to have found it.
On another note, I am on day 2 of a garage sale, this is proving to be alot of work. I hope to get rid of lots of the garage this way and make some cash but really put Blue through the ringer being on a leash next to me all day and now at 6 am must prepare to do it again.
TOnite is the school prom for my daughter, she was so excited she did a dry run and dressed up in everything including the heels and pranced around the house for an hour in them trying on jewelry and make up but not much of that as she is really pretty without it. I will try to get photos tonite.
Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy spring.. its here!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Sarah Painted CDV Mixed Media-PAinted on The Watch...
- Cry Baby -Me
- BAck to our century plant in the desert
- Marchesa Casati by Man Ray
- Encaustic Crayon Art by Christian Faur
- Garden Girl Silhouette Wall ARt -Or how I stopped ...
- St. Mary Magdalene-Suffering after Crucifixion-Pai...
- First Communion Native American Girls New Mexico G...
- Cat lady~Surreal Surrender a tintype w a Twist!
- last night a Century plant blossomed
- Fairies Dance -a Tinted Vintage photo
- Ruth Benedict Poet Antropologist-One thing leads t...
- A Newsie Girl from Australia Glass Negative
- Hibiscus Painted Photo on Canvas-My Trip to Hilo-T...
- Pink Roses Painted Photo -For the people of ITaly
- French Window Shopping-Collage
- Queen of FLowers-Royal Queen-IS Anybody out there?...
- Lilacs in bloom taking the teacher some flowers fr...
- Our Simple Beginings-Where I was born
- Earl Bailey ~Lou HOyt~Ya Gotta have Heart!
- ▼ April (20)