Friday, January 30, 2009
Twin Girls & Their Dolls
This is an image from my glass negative collection of twin girls and their dolls. There is something very Diane Arbus about these two girls. I don't mean in a sinister type of way but rather an unusual image in that the two are alike this is obvious but yet despite the attempt by the photographer there is something that sets them apart. This setting by the side of the house, a very typical spot for a photo in early 1900s and also the lighting was pretty nice.. To me the nicest and most beautiful part of the photo is how delicately their hands touch, connecting them in a way that goes beyond the photo, to some other place that only twins can go, that knowing feeling of always having the other.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Needle Felted Heart in Hand
- Twin Girls & Their Dolls
- Marsh Kodak Store San Francisco 1914
- Cold but Beautiful!
- My Heart is in Your Hands
- Girls Feed Pet Sheep on the Farm tinted Vintage ph...
- Trick Photography 2 Girls but Really one!
- Contest-Doll Stories of Long Ago- How can I chose ...
- Saturday... is there enough time in the Day if I s...
- front page first thing 6 a.m.-Spreading Peace Now....
- little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-...
- Front Page while I slept! hooray!
- Summer Sisters on Porch w American Flag
- the inner chamer glass negative toned
- Lillyella's Front PAge
- Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garde...
- Mermaid w Rose Flower Garland
- Little Flag Girl
- Ginger Dog and My New Year's Resolution
- West Fork PArk Sedona Strawflowers in Snow
- ▼ January (20)