Thursday, January 15, 2009
little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-CONTEST
Doll Toy Book story contest extension- I have decided to wait until Monday to compile all the stories for the blog.. please bear with me and to those who still have not submitted, here is my email to send it to or leave on this blog..
I love this image although she seems very tired in this one.. I think children have never appreciated posing. My oldest was my subject all through college photo classes until I got wise and started to ask friends and even strangers to pose for me. if I get brave I will list some of my early images from long ago photo classes.
I think we all had a favorite doll. Mine was my Madame Alexander that my mom brought to me in the hospital after my tonsils were taken out. I was so weak and when she walked in with that wedding dress doll I knew she would be my favorite. Before her my favorite was when I lived on the farm as a young girl of about 7 I received a Betsy Wetsy which would drink a bottle and then wet her diaper.. what a thrill to see something that was a body function happen with a doll.. I think my brothers took her and buried her outside and we found her years later with one of her eyes missing in a pile of dirt. I was scared of dolls for a long time after that.. being a visual person I could only see the missing eye and it haunted me.
I would love to hear from anyone what their favorite doll or toy was as a child and maybe a short paragraph and if you don't mind me posting it I will list them all on Saturday morning. Lets see what comes up! If you want to include any photos that would be great also.. just send them to me via my email at email@example.com.
****I will mail a beautiful print of my French toys in the attic photo from my friend in France to the winner of the story...***
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Needle Felted Heart in Hand
- Twin Girls & Their Dolls
- Marsh Kodak Store San Francisco 1914
- Cold but Beautiful!
- My Heart is in Your Hands
- Girls Feed Pet Sheep on the Farm tinted Vintage ph...
- Trick Photography 2 Girls but Really one!
- Contest-Doll Stories of Long Ago- How can I chose ...
- Saturday... is there enough time in the Day if I s...
- front page first thing 6 a.m.-Spreading Peace Now....
- little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-...
- Front Page while I slept! hooray!
- Summer Sisters on Porch w American Flag
- the inner chamer glass negative toned
- Lillyella's Front PAge
- Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garde...
- Mermaid w Rose Flower Garland
- Little Flag Girl
- Ginger Dog and My New Year's Resolution
- West Fork PArk Sedona Strawflowers in Snow
- ▼ January (20)