Monday, January 12, 2009
I am on a flag thing lately... not that I am a flag person per se.. although I do love the American Flag as it is to me a symbol of our country that I love, but rather the flag in vintage photos seems to add a graphic element that cannot be denied. It represents celebration for days gone by, where the farmer and his wife and kids spent a day relaxing, participating in parades and picnics. Although this is usually a summer time celebration I cannot resist coloring a flag! To leave it black and white is almost a crime!
I decided to include both the original and the tinted photo to show what the process is. I went to the flag and selected every single line, cut it and pasted it into its own layer and then colored it.. all the blues, all the reds... I love the result... you can see what happened with the dresses and I even selected the beautiful huge collar of little girl and made it and her sleeve white. This was important for the photo. Their skin was lightened and eyes and cheeks tinted as well. This will probably be a perfect print.. the light was perfect.. no bad shadows on their faces so it is pretty even. I might even make myself a print of this to frame as I think it is so nice! The light on the screen door just feels like summer time and in the middle of winter I think we all need to feel that warmth.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Needle Felted Heart in Hand
- Twin Girls & Their Dolls
- Marsh Kodak Store San Francisco 1914
- Cold but Beautiful!
- My Heart is in Your Hands
- Girls Feed Pet Sheep on the Farm tinted Vintage ph...
- Trick Photography 2 Girls but Really one!
- Contest-Doll Stories of Long Ago- How can I chose ...
- Saturday... is there enough time in the Day if I s...
- front page first thing 6 a.m.-Spreading Peace Now....
- little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-...
- Front Page while I slept! hooray!
- Summer Sisters on Porch w American Flag
- the inner chamer glass negative toned
- Lillyella's Front PAge
- Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garde...
- Mermaid w Rose Flower Garland
- Little Flag Girl
- Ginger Dog and My New Year's Resolution
- West Fork PArk Sedona Strawflowers in Snow
- ▼ January (20)