Saturday, January 10, 2009
Lately I am having a good time selectively toning different areas of photos. I have always admired the selenium toned photos that professionals did in the past. I remember oh so well standing out on my deck sepia toning photos with the stinkiest toner that was also highly toxic, making my printed photos brown. Now its a matter of photoshop. To think of all the work in those days to tone a photo. I am sure there are still the purist who love the smell of the sulphur and other chemicals used to tone the prints but one cannot argue poison in your nose and near your skin over the photoshop tools.
This image is from a glass negative from England from a very wealthy family who owned hundreds of acres. I bought a huge lot and spent way too much money having them shipped here from England. I toned this one in multiple layers and total time for alterations.. 1 hour! Not bad for the finished piece. This is I believe a mausoleum for a woman. You can see the stone roof is missing and through the door is an inner chamber that reveals a sculpture lying sideways in a fireplace like spot. I would bet that there was a body behind that spot. This is all conjecture on my part as usually glass negatives come with no documentation and its difficult to garner anything so I do tend to make up a story for them. This person/woman was well loved as an entire building was made to house her remains. I love the old look of it. I would guess that this building is barely there if at all today. I love how the iron gates seem to invite one's eye into the scene... I really am intrigued by this image.
Click the title so see the listing in my etsy store and then click the magnifier if you want to see it larger.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Needle Felted Heart in Hand
- Twin Girls & Their Dolls
- Marsh Kodak Store San Francisco 1914
- Cold but Beautiful!
- My Heart is in Your Hands
- Girls Feed Pet Sheep on the Farm tinted Vintage ph...
- Trick Photography 2 Girls but Really one!
- Contest-Doll Stories of Long Ago- How can I chose ...
- Saturday... is there enough time in the Day if I s...
- front page first thing 6 a.m.-Spreading Peace Now....
- little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-...
- Front Page while I slept! hooray!
- Summer Sisters on Porch w American Flag
- the inner chamer glass negative toned
- Lillyella's Front PAge
- Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garde...
- Mermaid w Rose Flower Garland
- Little Flag Girl
- Ginger Dog and My New Year's Resolution
- West Fork PArk Sedona Strawflowers in Snow
- ▼ January (20)