Friday, January 9, 2009
Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garden-dedicated to a friend
I have a fascination for roses.. have since I was small. This one is so beautiful! I took it into photoshop and ran a high pass on it, adjuting the levels. Usually this filter is just for portraits but I wanted to try it out on this flower.
I am dedicating this rose to a dear friend who lost her father recently. She has really been through alot and this latest experience was difficult. I always feel flowers and birds and animals help us heal from our troubles.. its worked for me and I hope it does for her..
I remember on my last trip to Portland which was 2 summers ago, I was so excited to finally see the rose garden there. I got the camera and headed up the steep hill on the bus with Rita. the park in portland is so gorgeous and we were there at the optimum time to see the roses, mid July. I got out the camera when I arrived at the garden of beautiful roses and started to take photos. After one photo the battery died and the little store there didn't carry the correct type for my camera. I stood there upset and then realized that I had come to see and smell the roses.. not just to take photos. I very rarely am moved to tears by anything in nature but the incredible perfection of roses is something that most of us cannot deny. Tears filled up in my eyes at the incredible beauty of some of the roses and I knew that my deep connection with them is much too strong to forget their beauty because I didn't have my camera or wouldn't have photos to look at.
I spent my time content to look and gasp and enjoy the smell and pleasantness of the day. In some way I felt unburdened to not take photos as the other senses could take over. For a photographer it could have been a trauma but I turned it around and was proud. Isimply loved the roses and in return they loved me back.
I guarantee a wonderful experience if you are ever in Portland to visit their rose garden.. one of the most wonderful places on earth, roses love the climate there and like grapes that thrive in Sonoma.. roses are happiest in Portland.. I am convinced of that!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Needle Felted Heart in Hand
- Twin Girls & Their Dolls
- Marsh Kodak Store San Francisco 1914
- Cold but Beautiful!
- My Heart is in Your Hands
- Girls Feed Pet Sheep on the Farm tinted Vintage ph...
- Trick Photography 2 Girls but Really one!
- Contest-Doll Stories of Long Ago- How can I chose ...
- Saturday... is there enough time in the Day if I s...
- front page first thing 6 a.m.-Spreading Peace Now....
- little girl in blossoms w her doll- my doll story-...
- Front Page while I slept! hooray!
- Summer Sisters on Porch w American Flag
- the inner chamer glass negative toned
- Lillyella's Front PAge
- Rose Bloom in High PAss-ode to Portland Rose Garde...
- Mermaid w Rose Flower Garland
- Little Flag Girl
- Ginger Dog and My New Year's Resolution
- West Fork PArk Sedona Strawflowers in Snow
- ▼ January (20)