Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tinted Tintype Teen Queen


I went looking for this photo on Ebay. I had a mission, to find a tintype that looked like a daguerreotype photo. There was a different style to the way the photographer posed the subject. The camera came closer and more often than not the legs and feet were omitted in lieu of a more intimate shot. This one is no exception. The detail is wonderful and although hard to see every little detail in this is quite clear. I tinted it in photoshop carefully and here is the final result. I also cleaned up some flaws and scratches but all in all this is the way she came to me. For some people this may appear to be a rather boring sedate view but to me, clarity is everything and to see all of it in a tin is a rare and wonderful thing!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Followers