Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Keeping Busy by Joanna


This photo has a bee--doing its thing--keeping busy, oblivious to any and all fulfilling its nature to collect and return to the hive for its queen. A willing participant in this endeavor is the flower as she offers up her nectar for this wonderful nature's dance. My symbol is the bee as I consider that insect the most industrious and wonderful creature on the planet. Without it we would not have honey, flowers or many fruits. This photo was taken by a lady named Joanna and her work is so in tune with nature and my vision that I am proud to introduce her on this blog. All of her work has a natural feel to it, no garish color--just wonderful soft ethereal hues. Please check out her store for more!
There is another photo similar that is entitled "looking up", and I was torn between that one and this one because today I feel that things are truly looking up after the election last night. I was joyful and proud and most of all renewed with hope--hope for our future, something I didn't have 2 days ago but now, that slim thread exists for us all in the hope of a new leader, one who might turn the tide and put us back on a course to love and to a more natural state of existing with the world. I know, I know..tall order... But I can dream can't I? And with that dream along with millions of others maybe our hopes and prayers can be answered as a collective will... we will all wait to see.
Here is Joanna's bio.. I HOPE you go see her photos, they are so nice!!!
"Ever since the first camera I got to hold in my hands I thought about it as a magic device.
It still is for me. The ability to freeze a moment. Chance to capture something that is so many times so close, but so often unnoticed.

The choice of photographic subject is infrequently set up. More often I just go with my camera and stop when I have noticed something that is attracting my attention. I like to take a stroll through the neighborhood and find interesting flowers, plants, forms and shapes in gardens I am passing by.

It all started so simply- the art of taking pictures of flowers. Since than I have discovered different photographic techniques, many options that the equipment can offer and so many ways of transforming original file into the final image that shows exactly what I was trying to point to in the first place. Very often I use specific color scheme to place stress on the part that I would like to show the most. The nature itself is the most inspiring to me. I like to take a look at things I can find around me and show it with stress on different that usual part. I like to experiment with colors, trying various approaches. My favorite tones are brown, green, grey and those most of the time found in my work."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this lovely article about my photography!

Cthings said...

That is a lovely shot! I found this through twitter from joanna posting it! Enjoy your day!

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Followers