Monday, October 20, 2008

White horse girl on gold original painting


Jill Mayberg.. I woke up got my Pete's coffee and toast and headed to the computer. First thing I saw in the treasury was this image. I clicked into her site and immediately started to go crazy.. I loved her work. So folk art and child-like yet creative and sophisticated in style and color and depth!
This was an artist I had to look at again. I immediately saw what she had for sale, purchased the only print she had which was of a bird.. meant to be.. my favorite subject, and then later thought that I might see what else she had in prints, none yet.. hello.. I was her first customer on Etsy... I can't speak for Jill but I googled her name and found her online with a gallery and went and saw all her other wonderful images. After awhile I decided to ask her if I could get a print of a red dog she has called yellow dog... I thought how fun to give to Rita framed for Christmas. I proceeded to torment this poor woman with tons of questions about the paper it was printed on, as I am pretty fussy about the quality of printing, and the size. She was so agreeable and so easy to work with. I highly recommend her and hope you will all check out her store on Etsy and I also hope she will sell her images on cards so i can get even more! Her art is well explained by her as follows,: Original acrylic painting with collaged, layered paper depicting a girl riding a white horse. Thick cotton rag paper is cut and printed and painted giving the painting a dimensional look." Click the photo to go to her store and have fun....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love her stuff too! thanks for introducing this great artist to us...

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love this!

Maria

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Blog Archive

Followers