Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Ok its almost halloween and as we get closer the word SWEET and CANDY is always being floated around as well as black cat and pumpkins and cider and candied apples..
These wonderful faux food cupcakes look good enough to eat. I admit.. I have always had a slightly perverse attaraction to fake food. I remember walking through downtown Portland about 25 years ago with my camera looking for interesting things to snap and I stopped in front of a Sushi restaurant that's front window was completely filled with faux sushi and other wonderful items all made from molded plastic. I think we have come a long way in the faux food biz. This person who makes her most wonderful faux food not only has the nicest looking fakes but also knows how to photograph them to make them almost... good enough to eat!
Click the photo to go to her Etsy website to see her other wonders. And to all who are getting into the mood for the scaries coming this week... have a boo!tiful time!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- ► 2009 (158)
- bird's eye view
- Trick or Treat Black Cat Ttv photograph by James S...
- White and Red Pomegranates-Encaustic Beeswax Paint...
- Halloween Black Cat Fake Cupcakes Faux Food Decora...
- front page early this morning!!
- Specimen 8. Dragonfly/Octopus on the Ingoldsby Leg...
- Circus Girl by Maria PAce Wynters
- HARLEQUIN HOLIDAYS-Sasha doll and outfit
- Zukzuk Odd Bods
- Tristan Little Artist
- White horse girl on gold original painting
- Cinder and Smoke
- Under The Greenwood Tree by Jo at Green Island Stu...
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird Shop in France
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird imagined
- Dad's Flower Painting
- The Weight of Time Sunflower Polaroid Transfer by ...
- on the farm with cat and trike
- Sie Hassan Ben ALi & His Acrobatic Troupe 1912
- if you are interested in circus history click on t...
- Tiger Lily
- The Letter "C"
- The Hat Family
- BlueMoonRose Upcycled Sweaters and HAts Dogs too!
- Wow the color and CHARM in this necklace is just s...
- Check out organic cotton peace tote on Sheila Cla...
- Here we have a little mama dog resting after maybe...
- New Treasury West Paris Anytime
- welcome to my new clancy's classics blog
- ▼ October (30)