Monday, October 27, 2008
This original silkscreen is one of many fanciful if not slightly surreal images made by a store/company called wondercabinet on Etsy. I find myself drawn back again and again to look at the pieces as it isn't just the images that I enjoy but the combinations of the ink on the paper over the book pages. I could see myself wallpapering an entire room with these images and never tiring of it. I don't suppose Jules Verne would disapprove in the least.
After spending the last 4 days with my daughter Rita trying to figure out the silkscreen photo process using photo emulsion from 5 years ago left in a 200 degree garage for 4 years and then getting a sunlight -then black light- and now at the late hour she has washed the old unusable emulsion off the screen and is painting in the resist by hand so that all her cross country team will be able to wear the t-shirts she designed -this weekend for the regional meet. They argued over the slogan for 3 days- and now with a finalized slogan the black light our last attempt...didn't work- and of course in this one horse town there is no one to do silkscreen for any price! not that I could pay any price.
So I have a certain new found appreciation and continued love of silkscreen, not my first, or even recent artform conquered.. but guaranteed to be tried in the future..
Please click on the dragonfly octopus to be taken to the wondercabinet store and treat yourself to a menu of wonderful delights...
her bio from her etsy profile:
If it involves cutting, pasting, painting, collecting, organizing, hoarding, glueing, arranging, obsessing, tasting, listening, pilfering, filling, pouring, resisting,
protesting, tearing, sewing, pretending, peeking, hiding, or constructing altered realities, I'm into it.
I am an artist living and working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I do a lot of sculpture and installation work, and I make prints, drawings and paintings in between the sculpture exhibition deadlines.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- ► 2009 (158)
- bird's eye view
- Trick or Treat Black Cat Ttv photograph by James S...
- White and Red Pomegranates-Encaustic Beeswax Paint...
- Halloween Black Cat Fake Cupcakes Faux Food Decora...
- front page early this morning!!
- Specimen 8. Dragonfly/Octopus on the Ingoldsby Leg...
- Circus Girl by Maria PAce Wynters
- HARLEQUIN HOLIDAYS-Sasha doll and outfit
- Zukzuk Odd Bods
- Tristan Little Artist
- White horse girl on gold original painting
- Cinder and Smoke
- Under The Greenwood Tree by Jo at Green Island Stu...
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird Shop in France
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird imagined
- Dad's Flower Painting
- The Weight of Time Sunflower Polaroid Transfer by ...
- on the farm with cat and trike
- Sie Hassan Ben ALi & His Acrobatic Troupe 1912
- if you are interested in circus history click on t...
- Tiger Lily
- The Letter "C"
- The Hat Family
- BlueMoonRose Upcycled Sweaters and HAts Dogs too!
- Wow the color and CHARM in this necklace is just s...
- Check out organic cotton peace tote on Sheila Cla...
- Here we have a little mama dog resting after maybe...
- New Treasury West Paris Anytime
- welcome to my new clancy's classics blog
- ▼ October (30)