Monday, October 13, 2008

Sie Hassan Ben ALi & His Acrobatic Troupe 1912



this troupe of acrobats came to the US in 1912 and the man in middle appears to be Sie Hassan Ben ALi. this was a scan that I made years ago of a photo postcard I had of this group and a man bought it, kept it for over a year and then returned it for a full refund.. I don't know where it is now in this house but I have it somewhere. I came across the scan while looking for another. I couldn't resist the costumes are way too cool!
The blurb below is from 1912 nyt. He apparently died 2 yrs after this photo was taken.

4 comments:

Rebecca Varon said...

We all know a picture could tell a thousand words, but this one! If they could tell us their stories the words would spill to a million and every one of them would be fascinating! What a great find!!!

maclancy said...

thanks Rebecca!so true

Anonymous said...

I love this! I want to paint these characters!

Unknown said...

I would like to know more about hassan ben Ali and his acrobatic troupe and if it possible to see more of his pictures anyway the picture it has a lot of significance and it so amazing thank you

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Blog Archive

Followers