Friday, October 17, 2008
Dad's Flower Painting
This is a painting of a vase of flowers done by my father. We in our family know that both our parents not only were able to raise 11 children but also managed to both express their creative sides thus giving many of the children a sense that they too could do anything they desired. This painting is from a photo that a friend in France sent to me who is a wonderful if not marvelous photographer, and although I feel that many in our family are decent photographer's my dad knew that my friend possessed that rare quality of truly capturing an image not just taking it! So he has over and over painted photos that my friend has sent to me that I passed through emails to my dad. This is his latest. I believe it is in oils as that is what he has worked with lately. Dad is almost obsessed with creating, he always also has some carpenter project or garden project to accomplish when the weather is good. He golfs twice a week at least with my brother Mike and really has shown me that when you retire.. you never retire if you are creative and driven as he is.. but maybe that is what retire is all about... Hat's off dad, you are the artist of the day, week, month and year! I love your work and you!!
Now my mom is yet another on the go person who is either knitting, sewing or baking, also having time to read books, newspapers and cook up the most creative jams, and deserts and dinners. In our younger years in her spare time from taking care of 11 children she would can fruit and vegetables, and keep us all in wonderful hand made clothing. Yes I think I know where all of the siblings and myself acquired the need to create and keep on the move....hat's off to mom too! and so the story goes....
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- ► 2009 (158)
- bird's eye view
- Trick or Treat Black Cat Ttv photograph by James S...
- White and Red Pomegranates-Encaustic Beeswax Paint...
- Halloween Black Cat Fake Cupcakes Faux Food Decora...
- front page early this morning!!
- Specimen 8. Dragonfly/Octopus on the Ingoldsby Leg...
- Circus Girl by Maria PAce Wynters
- HARLEQUIN HOLIDAYS-Sasha doll and outfit
- Zukzuk Odd Bods
- Tristan Little Artist
- White horse girl on gold original painting
- Cinder and Smoke
- Under The Greenwood Tree by Jo at Green Island Stu...
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird Shop in France
- L'Oiseau The Bluebird imagined
- Dad's Flower Painting
- The Weight of Time Sunflower Polaroid Transfer by ...
- on the farm with cat and trike
- Sie Hassan Ben ALi & His Acrobatic Troupe 1912
- if you are interested in circus history click on t...
- Tiger Lily
- The Letter "C"
- The Hat Family
- BlueMoonRose Upcycled Sweaters and HAts Dogs too!
- Wow the color and CHARM in this necklace is just s...
- Check out organic cotton peace tote on Sheila Cla...
- Here we have a little mama dog resting after maybe...
- New Treasury West Paris Anytime
- welcome to my new clancy's classics blog
- ▼ October (30)