Tuesday, December 9, 2008
This is a tintype from an exhibit currently at the ICP International Center for Photography in New YOrk where the exhibit is now of tintypes in AMerica. I purchased the catalogue that accompanies the exhibit and am not sorry that I did. I have lately gone back to painting over the tinypes and find although difficult due to the small size that there is real satisfaction in taking one art form and transforming it into another. Some would say I am ruining the original image. I try to stay as true to the orignal as possible. Also I paint with acrylic and if need be the entire thing would rinse right off as it is painted on a metal surface. It probably should be sealed with a plastic and could be but for now they remain the way I finish them and that is just with acrylic.
I reccommend clicking the title link to go see these amazing tintypes.. This art form of photography really has some incredible images. I have always loved them and there is an abundance if you want to be a collector!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- ► 2009 (158)
- Toys in the Attic by J.C.
- Just another way to paint photos!
- Baby in Winter Sleigh w Dog Fine Art Photograph
- Polaroid Transfer Vogue Gal w Camera
- Thank You POE Photographer's of Etsy Blog team!
- meow kitty design
- Old Fashioned Christmas Tree w Gifts Tinted Photo ...
- Victorian Lace by Poppylove from Etsy
- Boy in Straw Hat w Books-Painted tintype
- Women w Long Hair From the back Unidentified photo...
- Lucky me another FP yesterday afternoon about 5:30...
- New French Collage by Moi!
- Dancing Crane, 5x5 Fine Art Photographic Print by ...
- ▼ December (13)