Monday, June 15, 2009
Pink Lincoln ~Desert Hotel~ Trip to Flagstaff Arizona
This past SAturday my daughter had to go to take the ACT college entrance exam at NAU(Northern Arizona University), again, and that gave me a good reason to go visit my sister Sheila and to go shopping. After coffee at the new and wonderful New Frontiers bakery/coffee/grocery store there Sheila offered to take me to "old town" Flagg., as the locals call it. There are many old buildings that have been left to wonderfully age without touching them. We walked for 45 minutes and I just snapped away. This Sierra Vista sign was completely washed out in the center and almost invisible and Sheila said,"you could color that in". Well, when I hear something like that I am truly challenged and at the same time inspired to bring back some life to something old, my favorite thing to do.
I have quite a few wall, sign and window photos I will share over the next week.
Basketball ended last night(ok, now what??)with yes... again.. Lakers winning the title. I was so so wanting Orlando to win but they lacked the will after the terrible loss last week.
I guess its on to the US Open soon and that is always fun.
The cactus flowers are in bloom now so today I will take my camera on my walk and snap a few to post. We have had the most unusual and welcomed month of perfect 70s weather here in the desert, usually its in the high 90s every day but lately we have had just a perfect summer.
I finished a watercolor I started which had been something I was staring at every day and soon will scan and post.
Have a wonderful week!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Ethel Smith~The double crosser~watercolor
- PAletas~ and the Front page! Etsy!!
- An outing worth noting!
- show and tell~my first prize of summer oh gladiola...
- the News Boys en Francé-death of the newspaper
- Happy Fathers Day DAd!!!~you mean alot to me!
- Ruth Wall Summer 1915
- A Blue SKy Desert Day in Sedona
- Pink Lincoln ~Desert Hotel~ Trip to Flagstaff Ariz...
- Chameleon~Scientific Illustration
- Colourshoppevintage~Introducing a New Etsy Shop!
- Little Ellen Graduates High School-my oldest grand...
- Tennis ~ History of Tennis ~French Open
- Peony oh peony!~my tribute and informational post
- Alan Aldridge~psychedlic art from 70s
- ▼ June (16)