Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I have a fascination with art & design blogs and while meandering through a few this morning I found and site with a piece on a wonderful man who was very much a part of the 70s art revolution. His art although fabulous and wonderful cannot be separated from this little audio piece that is given by Alan at the Dezeen exposition in October. He was the illustrator for Beatles albums and his story of meeting the Beatles and how he was first made into a designer at his young age by a man traveling door to door with a stereoscope with slides of alice in wonderland. He knocked at the door and said to his mother"6 pence.. for the boy mum..for the boy" if this peeks your interest, go listen to the short audio piece, you owe it to yourself. there is also a wonderful story about meeting the band "CREAM" whom we all knew and loved.
Here is the link, I am certainly glad I found it. Little treasures like these make blog diving one of my favorite things to do. LINK HERE
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Ethel Smith~The double crosser~watercolor
- PAletas~ and the Front page! Etsy!!
- An outing worth noting!
- show and tell~my first prize of summer oh gladiola...
- the News Boys en Francé-death of the newspaper
- Happy Fathers Day DAd!!!~you mean alot to me!
- Ruth Wall Summer 1915
- A Blue SKy Desert Day in Sedona
- Pink Lincoln ~Desert Hotel~ Trip to Flagstaff Ariz...
- Chameleon~Scientific Illustration
- Colourshoppevintage~Introducing a New Etsy Shop!
- Little Ellen Graduates High School-my oldest grand...
- Tennis ~ History of Tennis ~French Open
- Peony oh peony!~my tribute and informational post
- Alan Aldridge~psychedlic art from 70s
- ▼ June (16)