Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This is a photo of 2 adult or teen children from probably 1880s, Australia.
I came across a photo album on ebay this morning that really got my interest in that it is a very early album from 1860s-1880s and filled to overflowing with images from a wealthy family who was from Australia and traveled Europe and settled in America. The person putting the album together was obsessed with the Lincoln tragedy as anyone now days might be obsessed with any interesting or historic event in modern times in politics.
The album is filled with photos of Lincoln , Booth and appears to have a huge amt of images for a man named Colton who apparently made the reservation at the theater for Lincoln the day he was killed. I am leaving a link here if you are interested. If you love historic photos or politics go check this out, scroll to the end as there are really some great images. This should probably be in a museum and hopefully it will be some day.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Joan and Harry~Mom and Dad 29456 Guy Street
- BAthing Costume-2009-1834
- PICNIC~or how we spent holidays w a BIG family!
- Hummingbird TRapped
- hanging orchid~hawaiian tropical beauty
- Lincoln Todd~ A photo album of historic significan...
- Roses on the Vine Pastel Painted Photo on Watercol...
- Take My Hand Vintage Children at Beach
- Happy Mothers Day Mom and all Mothers- give to a m...
- Uncle JAck Grandpa clancy Harry CLancy my dad
- Alien Orchid-Hawaii Spawned
- Words Where they come from & Where they GO into th...
- SPIRIT BOARDS AND STORY BOARDS-Papua New guinea
- ▼ May (13)