Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Alien Orchid-Hawaii Spawned


Its WEdnesday night and I finally can find some time to write a little note and attach it to this wonderful flowering plant that I believe is a type of orchid. I have no documentation and was taking hundreds of photos while walking the path of this lush and very moist tropical reserve outside of Hilo, HAwaii. This was one of the more interesting species and really looks almost alien in color and nature but so complex in its structure and design. I am sent back into the past when I walked this path and couldn't move more than a foot at a time before I had to take another photo. This is definitely one of my favorites.

1 comment:

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

Aloha from Kauai!

I've never seen this myself, however, it reminds me of the beginnings of a ginger plant(red ginger, in particular, but it's not red...grin)...

Whatever it is...it's eye-catching and lovely! God bless...Dava

http://treasuresfromhawaii.etsy.com

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Followers