Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Ok now that Memorial Day is officially over does that mean summer is here? If so might I reccomend that you dig out last years suit and see if it still fits? If not you might try a fashion worn to the beach in 1834. It looks more like chinese pants and a coat. These women really kept warm in summer and just imagine trying to swim in that outfit.
The next image above that is of two women at the beach in 1900. At least they dropped the pants for tights.
Next a fashion ad from Jantzen, who really put swimsuits on the map. I love that style.
But then comes modern day Victoria secret which has women who are pencil thin and look angry instead of happy to be at the beach.
I guess you might say women really have come a long way. In what direction I am not sure. Has fashion evolved in a positive way?
What a difference a century or two can make!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Joan and Harry~Mom and Dad 29456 Guy Street
- BAthing Costume-2009-1834
- PICNIC~or how we spent holidays w a BIG family!
- Hummingbird TRapped
- hanging orchid~hawaiian tropical beauty
- Lincoln Todd~ A photo album of historic significan...
- Roses on the Vine Pastel Painted Photo on Watercol...
- Take My Hand Vintage Children at Beach
- Happy Mothers Day Mom and all Mothers- give to a m...
- Uncle JAck Grandpa clancy Harry CLancy my dad
- Alien Orchid-Hawaii Spawned
- Words Where they come from & Where they GO into th...
- SPIRIT BOARDS AND STORY BOARDS-Papua New guinea
- ▼ May (13)