Sunday, July 5, 2009
Indonesian Flying Horse
This image was taken in Hawaii at the Hilton hotel where there is one of the finest collections of polynesian art anywhere. This horse is life sized and carved of several pieces of wood. I encourage anyone going to the big island to reserve at least several hours to enjoy all the wonderful sights inside this hotel. The Hiltons really put some time and money into this collection and I promise you will not be sorry. I almost want to say its worth the trip but there are other things on that island as well and this collection is one not to be missed. They have also a modern gallery there which displays current artwork for sale from around the world.
A little piece of art paradise..
Happy the fourth is over, and now we can go into the remainder of summer and our predicted 98 degrees for 2 weeks forward will keep me indoors and walking blue early. ok so must go do that as my thermometer reads 89 now.
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- tax collector~painted pottery
- James Bond~ Ian Fleming~MI5 BBC Series
- Rita's Blog revisited~come take a look!
- Seattle Trip~ Mom's 80th Birthday
- French Girl w Magazine
- Cherry Scones~Day after the Crash
- Behind the Door~Polynesian artistry~Wimbeldon ends...
- Indonesian Flying Horse
- adele shaw ~dancing to her own beat
- ▼ July (10)