Monday, September 28, 2009

Wonderful Weekend w Aunties from Michigan~A Michigan Glass Negative


this is a photo that was made from one from a series of glass negatives from Michigan. Click on this link to go to the auction on eBay if you are interested.

I had a wonderful weekend, my mom and three aunts from Michigan were visiting. It was so nice to see all of them and for the aunts and my mother a chance to reconnect after so long not seeing each other. I think sisters are so important and I for one am so happy to have them. I try to let them know now and again by a phone call or birthday card and gift and also just a thoughtful email now and again. I realize I wouldn't be the same person without all my sisters. I have 5 living and one that has passed on. It makes the ones still here even more special.

I loved having the aunties yesterday in my tiny condo and making a huge and delicious lunch for everyone, and Rita helped by cleaning up all the dishes afterwords. Today they left for their drive to Las Vegas for the first time visit before they fly back home. I hope they win big. This will probably be the last time flying for all 3 of them as they have families and pets and grand kids they left back there and this truly was a once in a lifetime trip for at least 2 of them. My youngest aunt Patty who is only 3 years older than me still has a lot of travel left in her. Who knows, it could be the start of a new life for all three of them. I know they talked about it for months before the trip and will probably talk about the gorgeous Spanish guy Carlos they met yesterday when I took them down to the local Red Rock Crossing to get some wonderful snaps of the red rocks on the river. There was a slight drop of a few feet to the beach and he helped each one down, one by one, with them fawning all over him until we got a posed photo with them and him. I promise to post that one soon. He had moved from Portugal to Switzerland and was on a visit to Sedona.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Followers