Friday, September 11, 2009
BAby Iris Welcome!~Blindsight MOvie!
While watching one of the best movies ever made called BLindsight, I finished my watercolor for FAwna's baby who was born 2 weeks ago, Iris. Again this is gouache and its getting easier to work with after a month of practice. Please see that movie~ about a blind young woman from Sweden who alone goes to Tibet to open the first blind school for children. She succeeds on horseback going door to door getting a group of children, most of whom the parents are happy to let go as they feel it a burden for the family. She writes a man who lives in Colorado who is blind to come visit and tell the kids his story of climbing Mt Everest, instead he comes with an entire team of climbers and a film crew and they climb the mountain. I defy a dry eye at the end of this one when the little boy sings through the credits....please see this film!!
- I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!
- Carlos and the Aunties and Mom
- Wonderful Weekend w Aunties from Michigan~A Michig...
- T-REX ~PAris Blues ~FRIDAY! hooray!
- California Mission San Juan Bautista~Tuesday
- Blue Sky Nothing but Blue Sky
- Red Roses in a Blue Vase~Farewell to Otis
- BAby Iris Welcome!~Blindsight MOvie!
- Labor Day-Indian Summer- School girls painting
- The Swimmers~Ode to the Wind by Percy Shelley
- ▼ September (9)