Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beautiful Lillies and Fresias


This is a photograph that I took of a beautiful bouquet that my oldest daughter sent to me on my birthday. My surprise to hear the doorbell with a florist guy delivering this huge bouquet in a 1940s flat vase. Just beautiful! I was really overwhelmed for my birthday this year on the 14th. I heard from almost every family member and friend and received so many wonderful well wishes and great gifts. My youngest gave me the gift of a beautiful basketball game where she sacrificed her body at one point taking a charge and stopping the opposing team from scoring. I almost charged the stands as I was so worried she broke her back. Does she think she is Steve Nash?
The Red Rock Scorpions won by one point with Rita making at least 15 points and having many assists, guarding like a maniac and just all around great playing.
I really enjoyed the day and night and it was topped off at Hiros for some sushi. I won't forget that day for a long time, maybe never!
So Christmas is around the corner and I am feeling pretty calm compared to last year. This year I made each member of my family a wax painting and enjoyed doing it. I also gave a substantial amount to the Heifer foundation in the name of each person. That was a gift to me as I have wanted to do that for years instead of buying things and mailing them that will be forgotten in no time. This was a gift to a family of a goat, a flock of chickens and part of a heifer cow.
Everyone seemed thrilled by the gift and I think I will do that again next year as well.
So as the day draws nigh I hope each and everyone of you will have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas or Hannuka!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls, grandmother of 4, don't worry you will see photos of them one day! I live in Sedona Arizona, a beautiful place, lots of sun and blue blue skies! I listen to politics and my favorite radio channel is Cinemix. I am the oldest of 11 , I love my kids, my parents and my siblings and my friends!!

Followers